Nick Oxendale |Thomas & Denzinger | Week 7 of the Semester

This week was a busy week continuing renderings for the Oyster Catcher Clubhouse on Seabrook Island, SC. On Monday I received feedback after the client meeting for design adjustments on the clubhouse. These ‘redlines’ were noted down on 11 different renderings I did for images around the clubhouse. Here is a picture taken from the office of all the views printed on 8.5″x11″ sheets with redlines. My job from here is to go into the Revit model, make adjustments and load that file into the existing Lumion file I was using last week. Red lines included things like: adjusting vegetation, minor adjustments in some basic architectural elements (such as windows and railings), removing some people from the renderings, and tweaking parking spots to have a permeable surface. The PM for the project is my mentor Joel Wenzel and the scope of the project is this ‘beach house’ building and another ‘lake house’ building. I only worked on the primary project, the beach house. The Lake house is only a small renovation project that I photographed a couple weeks ago. In total, I earned 16 AXP hours in design development.

Printouts of redlines for Oyster Catcher renderings. Each view has different redlines for adjustments to make based off the client’s feedback last week.

Here is the overall weekly breakdown of my tasks:

Monday: 4 hours (Oyster Catcher Renderings)

Tuesday: OFF

Wednesday: 4 hours (Oyster Catcher Renderings)

Thursday: 4 hours (Oyster Catcher Renderings)

Friday: 4 hours (Oyster Catcher Renderings)

I did not finish all of the rendering adjustments this week but only have two more images to render and photoshop until I’m done with this next phase. I’ll upload the final images of the updated renderings into next week’s blog post. So stay tuned to see the adjustments!