Nick Oxendale | Thomas & Denzinger Architects | Week 1 of the semester

This week  has been a busy and fun week of work. It involved tasks such as: renderings, documentation, and general design. Renderings included a home for a client who is planning to demo his home and the neighboring lot to build a larger home, taking advantage of the large plot of land. This design is located in West Ashley. We should meet with the client in the next couple weeks and present the updated design. The other assignment was working on our firm’s submission to the AIA SC Design Competition. Here we are entering two different designs into the competition. One is a home located on Seabrook Island and the other is a commercial property located on Meeting Street. The due date is Sept. 30th at midnight so I have a little bit of time to finish the presentation, architect’s statement, and architect’s description. Before the submission, I’ll be critiqued by my coworkers and principal. This week I earned AXP hours in Project Planning & Design and Project development and documentation. I learned more about the innerworkings of the design phase and how to professionally submit a project to an AIA Competition.