March 28 to 31 | Moseley Architects | Weekly Journal

03.28.2022 – On this day, I continued working on the revit model for the Kanuga Chapel project. I was tasked with turning the model into a central model as well as apply the Moseley template. It was very important that I completed these tasks correctly, so that the model can be worked on by multiple people in the office without having any issues. I then worked on the section of the building, so that we could share the information with the organ instrument supplier for the church.

Total Hours (4:30) | AXP Hours – Project Development and Documentation

03.29.2022 – On this day, I chatted with Ben first thing in the morning about the status of different projects in the office. I completed tasks for the Folly Beach City Hall project and printed a clean cd set for permit. I had to go back and add a guardrail to the existing so the entire perimater of the parapet is enclosed with guard railing. Ben explained the difference in code between “railing” and “guard railing”.

03.30.2022 – On this day, I continued working on the proposed revit model for the Kanuga Chapel. My coworker showed me how to create new levels in revit as well as set up floor plans in the Moseley template way. I continued working on cleaning up the model and getting it ready to render in lumion for the client. The client not only wants exterior renderings, but they also would like interior shots showing the congregation as well as the alter.

03.31.2022 – Today, I continued working on the proposed revit model for Kanuga Chapel as well as setting up the construction document set. I have been double checking measurements and heights to make sure everything is correct per the last site visit. There was a client meeting this week with a site visit where my coworker remeasured and double checked some things structurally. I have begun to check those new measurements to our existing revit model.

Reflecting on this week, I have continued to become more familiar with using revit for existing and new construction projects. I realized how important it is to ask questions because I learned so much just from a five minute revit demonstration from my coworker. I also have become more familiar with egress information as well as life safety code just by discussing the status of projects with Ben.

Kanuga Chapel

Hendersonville, NC

Renovation

Dave Baccarrini

Complete proposed revit model and push construction documents.