Nick Oxendale | SGA – NW Design | Week 8: 3/7 – 3/11

This was the kind of week I prefer, and enjoy:  Busy.  I’m beginning to feel more confident with my work at SGA.   My assignments this week have been diverse.  I participated in three different projects:  A multi-family (MF) mall redevelopment in Asheville; a Savannah MF mall redevelopment, and a drainage project along Hunger & King here in downtown Charleston.

On Monday I worked 2 hours on the Asheville project and two hours on the Savannah redevelopment.  My work on both of these assignments involved creating a site model in Sketchup for Lumion renders. Once the architectural designers in our office finish the Revit models, I’ll take their models and my model and import them all into a single Lumion file for high end rendering. I worked on these models periodically through the week when I had time available from my other principal project, Huger & King Street drainage.

This work involved assisting in photoshopping  full street elevations of the block surrounding our site to submit to the Board of Architectural Review (BAR).  BAR needs a document of existing building façades along the neighboring blocks to compare with our newly proposed structure, so as to insure that our design doesn’t clash with existing infrastructure. I worked on this project all of Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday I continued working on the Asheville MF mall redevelopment.  In toto this week I earned 16.5 AXP hours under Project Development & Documentation and Project Planning & Design.