Seth Moore: Datum Workshop- Week of 2/21

2/21 (4.5 Hours)
Today I continued to construct any PVC panels that were not yet completed for the Credit Stadium wall project. Installation for the project was supposed to begin today, but we were pushed back due to a delay on the construction end of things at the stadium. We are hoping that install can still take place at some point this week. 
There were also a few of the wave patterned panels that we had yet to cut. We finished cutting them and I routed out and drilled countersinks into the backs of the panels. 
I also made a quick trip out to True Value hardware to get more caulk and deck screws.

2/22 (1.5)
Today I continued to construct any PVC panels that were not yet completed for the Credit Stadium wall project.
I also helped to coordinate retrieval of the UHAUL for transporting the pieces of the wall to the stadium.

2/23 (3.5)
Brian and I coordinated and discussed a potential 2nd player’s lounge art piece that was proposed by LS3P and Credit One Stadium for us to complete. We are likely unable to even finish one on time much less 2. 

2/24 (4)
Today I continued to construct any PVC panels that were not yet completed for the Credit Stadium wall project. All of the pieces besides one circle are now complete. 
After Brian came in, he taught me how to maintain and plane out the spoil-board of the CNC router after a job is completed. It is important to maintain a flat spoil-board as a backing for any cuts that are made. We also did maintenance on the hose connection of the vacuum to the router head as the hose disconnected during a previous cut. 
The remainder of the day was spent clearing up the shop and re-organizing any tools that were used during this past project. We are ready to begin anew for Monday 2/28. 

My big takeaway for this week was the importance of being flexible and maintaining proper project management and organization skills. While installation did take place on Wednesday, I was unable to make it out to Daniel Island to help as it was nearing the end of the day. it did not make sense for me to drive out to the island and help for 20 minutes before having to commute back to campus for class in the afternoon.