Brittany Lapple | SMHa | Sept. 6 – Sept. 10

Weekly Hours: 12 | Total Hours: 52

Although Labor Day made this a short week, it was still a busy one! Design Documentation for the Carolina Park retail complex is due Tuesday, September 14th. I have spent the last several days in coordination meetings. During these meetings, my project team and I will print out progress sets and redline them. We will talk through each sheet and discuss certain details, as well as research potential specs and finishes. We also make sure our consultants are up to date with whatever decisions are made.

Specifically, I spent this week finalizing the overall floor plans as well as the exterior elevations. Once this is nailed down, it becomes easier to move into wall sections and details. This is also important to prioritize because I will need to resubmit to the Carolina Park Design Review Board shortly after our upcoming DD deadline. The DRB reviews all applications for new construction in the area. The submittal must include overall square footage, as well as a proposed site plan, exterior elevations, and proposed materiality. The Board decides whether the design is cohesive with the intended vernacular of the neighborhood. Our previous submittal received some comments for minor alterations, but we are hopeful that the project will be approved in the next round.