Week 3: 1.28 + 1.30

1.28.20

Hours Worked: 8am-6pm

Total Hours: 9

Tasks Completed:

Spent the day sorting and filing photos from site visit by room, department, and flood. Worked in the Revit model for a majority of the day modeling existing conditions.

Took a site visit to the Wagener Building on East Bay Street. Met with contractors to discuss metal studs. Viewed drawing set on site and discussed structural elements being added to building.

Talked with Jay White, my supervisor, about goals for the semester over lunch.

AXP Credit: Programming and Analysis + Construction and Evaluation

1.30.20

Hours Worked: 8am-6pm

Total Hours: 9

Tasks Completed:

Continued working on Tomochichi Revit model with a focus on vertical circulation. Gathered information from existing site photos, existing drawings, and point cloud model.

Had a “CA School” session with a principal at the firm. Focused on typical plumbing configurations in restrooms and how to read a plumbing drawing. Took a quiz.

WEEKLY REFLECTION

This week I learned and got to touch a bit of everything. I was able to continue working on the Tomochichi existing site model, go to a site visit, and have my first “CA School” session with Tommy, a principal at the firm. At the Wagener Building site visit I went to with Jay I had the opportunity to see a building in mid construction (renovation) which was a first. Not only was I able to to meet the GC but had the chance to make it onto the roof. Jay explained to me about the steel structure that was being installed for the new roof deck design and talked about the new roofing that was going to be installed. We had a good discussion on the different options for roofing and looked at the existing roof felt.

On Thursday I had my first session of CA School and was able to really dive into plumbing and how to read the different annotations for plumbing fixtures. I learned about P-traps, ventilation and the different clean outs a building can have. I am looking forward to learning from Tommy – his knowledge in Construction Administration will be indispensable not only in the workplace but on the AREs.