R.Bing @ LS3P/Week 1 (Jan 15-24) Recap

This semester I am working at LS3P, where I had previous experience working as an intern this past summer. Though the studio set-up at this office is somewhat fluid for emerging professionals and interns, I will primarily be working in the Health Care Sector. (There is a sector leader designated for each type of work in the office, Clemson Alum Becky Smith is the Health Care Sector Leader, and typically is the Principal in Charge for most of the health care projects. Other architects have specialties and frequently work on certain jobs that fall in market categories, but as a whole the office still remains flexible and doesn’t get locked in to only working on certain projects. As an aside, LS3P is fairly diverse for an architecture firm in the area in the type of work that it does, and I believe it covers 7 or 8 of the market sectors, but don’t quote me on that.)

Though I have worked at this office previously, Jan 15 and Jan 16 mostly consisted of getting oriented and set up to work, but I was still able to sit in on a consultant meeting for the “Sharing Hope” project, an office building in West Ashley for the organ donation non-profit organization We Are Sharing Hope. At this meeting, there was a roofing consultant, the contractor (Hill Construction), the structural engineers, the Construction Administrator (LS3P), and the architects (just LS3P, although they are partnered with RSP from Minneapolis for this project.) As the project is nearing C.D. deadline, details of particular concern were discussed and fleshed out as a group.

Jan 15-16: 8 hours (4 hr Project Management at consultant meeting)

Jan. 20: 4 hours (Project Development and Documentation)

Processed interior renders for the Sharing Hope Project in Photoshop

Jan 21: 4 hours (Practice Management)

Land development analysis for clients in Myrtle Beach

Jan 22-24: 8 hours (Project Planning & Design)

Began working exterior concepts for North Charleston Social Services Hub Building going up on Rivers Avenue