TC Blog Post 11/11 – 11/14

An example of learning how to develop/edit families within Revit to convey creative furniture ideas etc.

Still *Savannah Commons Main Entry Renovation*

Mike Nixon

Further Development of Revit skills.

Mike Nixon

Monday 11/11

Hours Worked: 4 Hours 15 Minutes

Interesting start to the week.  Came in did some final work on the permit set of documents for the IL Units and left knowing that my mentor, Mike, really wanted to see some of the work that I was doing in school.  Wow, time to get some feedback!

AXP hours earned:

3.75 Project Development & Documentation

Tuesday 11/12

Hours Worked: 4 Hours 15 Minutes

Got some major feedback from my mentor on the major project I was working on in Studio.  Very helpful.  Always nice to get some feedback on things that are currently in development.  Always trying to be better!

AXP hours earned:

3.5 Project Planning & Design

Wednesday 11/13

Hours Worked: 4 Hours

Had yet another Revit tutorial/lesson.  Lots of tips in regards to roofing.  Really stressed just getting in the software and getting my hands dirty.  Spoke to Johnathan about some of the intricacies of architecture and really got a lot out of that conversation.  There is always always always room for growth in Architecture.

AXP hours Earned:

3.75 Project Planning and Design

Thursday 10/14

Hours worked 4 Hours 15 Minutes

Went more in depth with Revit today, learning how to edit objects and families to match what needs to be inserted in the model based off of the plan.  Started touching Lumion Rendering software today as well!

AXP Hours Earned:

3.75 Project Planning and Design

Reflection:

Well this week has been more informative and relaxed.  Honestly not much work for me to do in the office, so I have just been honing my skill level in various programs and trying my hardest to get as much feedback as humanly possible in regards to any personal projects I am completing or any firm projects I am working on.  As stated earlier, it is always nice to have feedback that helps me become better in the long run.  Between the classes this semester and this internship, I can confidently say that I know more about Architecture on a technical level than I have ever known and it is amazing. Looking forward to seeing what comes next and where this career path takes me.