Oct. 28 – Nov. 1 @ SMHa

Oct. 28 – Nov. 1 at SMHa

Monday, Oct. 28:

Today, I worked on Redlines of Panel elevations for 890 project.  We have a pretty complex panel system on the exterior of our event venue that is supposed to mimic an equalizer.  Because of this, it’s hard to model in a clear way and there were lots of redlines.

AXP Hours: 4 PDD

Tuesday, Oct. 29:

Today I did the same as yesterday!

AXP Hours: 4 PDD

Wednesday, Oct. 30:

Another day of panel elevations.  Today I sat next to Jennifer and George for awhile and worked with them to push these elevations to be perfect.  They are really helpful in explaining why we are changing things and how to draw it in a way that it is clear.

AXP Hours: 4 PDD

Thursday, Oct. 31:

Hopefully my last day working on these elevations!  I have finished a rough sweep of redlines and now it goes to Lashaun to finish up the construction work.  That is a little over my head, so he is going to take it over.

AXP Hours: 4PDD

Event Venue on Daniel Island

890 Island Park Drive, Daniel Island, SC

Scope: One of our architects designed a multi-use event venue for Daniel Island that SMHa has worked on through Schematic design and are following through construction administration.
Project Manager: Chris Atlman
Role of Student:  I have assisted with Redlines for Construction documents
What I have learned:

I have realized how in-depth Revit modeling is.  In school, we create massing models and general shapes and we try to draw it out.  But when you are drawing something to be built by others, working with a structural team and an MEP team is extremely important to create an actual, buildable model.  It is crazy to me how much communication there is between us and our engineers.  I come into the problem everyday about wanting to adjust something but then a wall will end up going through an air duct or a structural beam.  I am gaining a lot of respect for the building process and how precise it has to be to be successful.