3/4/2019 – Daily Blogs and Weekly Reflection

3/4/2019

Today, I worked from 8:30 am to 12 pm mainly doing redlines on wall sections in revit.

3/5/2019

Today, I worked in autocad on more redlines for a different project for a commercial shopping plaza during 8:30 am to 11 am. Then, from 11 am to 12 pm, I worked on wall detail redlines for a project on Citadel’s campus.

3/6/2019

Today, I learned how to draw a wall section in autocad of a commercial system that was existing, but is being remodeled. Then, I worked on editing walls in revit for another project focusing on fire rating and making sure the walls meet code.

3/7/2019

Today, I continued working with redlines that involved firerating elements from 8 am to 11 am. Then, I made new wall types for a revit project for the last hour.

Weekly Reflection

This week I was exposed to more wall details as well as fire rating. I have also learned a lot more on drawing wall sections and how everything comes together to hold up a wall and connect the ceiling. I also learned about firerating and how to show how many hours walls/doors can last if it was to catch on fire.