Shane Lenard Week 10.5.20 – 10.8.20

~Novus Architects~

Monday (10.5.20)

Today we began with the typical Monday morning meeting with the Charleston office which lasts a half hour. Then we had our entire firm meeting. After this Danielle had me markup the MDF/IDF set one more time. I was able to help her make sure the room names were good to go and that the set did not have errors before Paul QC’ed it.

Tuesday (10.6.20)

There were a few markups that Paul had in the sessions on Bluebeam that I picked up. These markups included fixing a few things in the schedules and making sure the list of electrical rooms matched the list of electrical rooms that DWG provided. I had to send an email to them to clarify. I am glad I did because I missed two rooms. I did one last look through of the PDF markups and left.

Wednesday (10.7.20)

Today I began to look at the New River Vet clinic. Danielle gave me the books on sound proofing and bubble diagraming researched by Danielle and Grant. I was slightly involved in the conversation at the beginning with the bubble diagrams so I knew some of the program requirements that they came up with. After this I began to name and number the rooms in a certain sequence that Danielle would approve. I sent this to her for approval.

Thursday (10.8.20)

On this last day of the week I finalized the room names and started to look at specs. Specs came up in our sponsor review meeting as one of the goals. I went through and read all the specs and changed the dates to the dates the MDF/IDF project will be sent out (which would be Friday). Reading through the specs is not super interesting but it gives me a good insight into how things are built and their formality. I think the nest thing I will do with the specs is edit the hardware sets.

Concluding thoughts:

This was a really good week! I enjoyed jumping into something different and liked helping Danielle with the specs. I think sometimes we think as if we are not designing something than we are not having fun, but I still enjoy some of the more mundane tasks because I want to know as much as possible.

AXP Hours:

Practice Management: 2.5

Project Planning/ Design: 9.5

Construction Evaluation: 4

New River Vet Clinic Room names and Numbers First Pass Below.