TC Blog Post 10/28 – 10/31

Savannah Commons Project Redlining and coordination with Landscape Architects

Savannah Commons

Mike Nixon – Project Lead

Savannah Commons Project sketch drawings and notes to be digitized and explored further

Savannah Commons

Mike Nixon – Project Lead

Monday 10/28

Hours Worked: 4 Hours 15 Minutes

Starting off strong on a Monday! Still one of the sole ‘Architects’ on this Savannah Commons Project, so I’m trying to coordinate with Mike to try and push it further even more.

AXP hours earned:

3.5 Project Planning and Design

Tuesday 10/29

Hours Worked: 4 Hours 15 Minutes

Adding 15 Minute intervals to make up time missed/time out of the office.  Have to get all of the hours for the internship course.  Really learning a lot about Revit now, switching gears a little bit

AXP hours earned:

3.5 Project Planning and Design

Wednesday 10/23

Hours Worked: 4 Hours 15 Minutes

Had another Revit tutorial/lesson.  Learning another software is definitely a pro to being in this office environment.  If I can use that to my advantage, then that will be fantastic!

AXP hours Earned:

3.5 Project Planning and Design

Thursday 10/24

Hours worked 4 Hours

Finalizing the section/elevations and all of the sheet adjustments I did over the course of the week.  Handing them off to Mike.  Didn’t add the extra 15 today because 11/01 is my birthday, so I gave myself a little gift B)

AXP Hours Earned:

3.5 Project Planning and Design

Reflection:

Went through a good chunk of work this week and made some promising developments.  Especially in the area of section elevations within AutoCad.  Had to create a slew of whole new vantage points and that made me dig into my brain and go a few years back in Architectural instruction.  Remembering how to pull new views from established plan and elevation views.  Glad I got to revisit freshman year of schooling haha.  Overall I’m starting to rack up hours and my experience is starting to greatly develop.  Loving the position I’m in here and the people that are doing their absolute best to steer me in the right direction.  I know we are supposed to be critiquing the firm as we work here, just as they are supposed to do the same for me, but honestly I can’t think of one thing that I would change about working here.