Mahogany Christopher | McMillan Pazdan Smith | Week 3

February 14th, 2022 

My day began with an office meeting and then a healthcare team meeting. I then continued research on some of the firms clients and their board members.

February 15th & 16th, 2022 

I began working on some egress plans for a project. I also picked up a red line set which challenged my usage of Revit, while also learning about how to make different sheet sets that are legible for contractors to communicate what needs to be done without having to be there to vocalize that. The importance of graphics!

February 17th, 2022

I had to return to finish up the egress plans but while working on that I learned about fire zones, which can effect how primary and secondary paths are created for the safety of the occupants. I then finished my week with continuing to work on the red line set.

Total Hours: 16

AXP Categories: Practice Management, Project Development & Doc., Project Planning and Design.

Lesson’s learned: 

The importance of communication, wether that be in the office, to contractors, the users, verbally, or even graphically. Communication matters to be able to be proficient as a team to meet the overall goal, of a successful design, happy clients, and the overall safety of others!