Nov. 18-21 @SMHa

Nov. 18 – Nov. 21 at SMHa

Monday, Nov. 18:

Worked on the same project as last week, 890 Island Park Drive! Redlines to parapet details sheet (again, woo!).

AXP Hours: 4

Tuesday, Nov. 19:

Redlines for 890.  Specifically worked on parapet details again.

AXP Hours: 4 PDD

Wednesday, Nov. 20:

Redlines for 890.  Parapets (my most favorite thing).

AXP Hours: 4 PDD

Thursday, Nov. 21:

Another day with redlines!  Back to enlarged toilet plans.

AXP Hours: 4 PDD

Event Venue on Daniel Island

890 Island Park Drive, Daniel Island, SC

Scope: One of our architects designed a multi-use event venue for Daniel Island that SMHa has worked on through Schematic design and are following through construction administration.
Project Manager: Chris Atlman
Role of Student:  I have assisted with Redlines for Construction documents
What I have learned:

Similar to last week, I am reminded that the process of redlining is never a perfect one.  It is an art.  The way architects draw their details is specific to their style of building and it is a way of communication like no other.  Each architect is different (and made sure to let me know).  A sheet could be redlined a hundred times and never be “perfect” but at some point, you have to just stop.  It is like a work of art that eventually needs to be put to rest.

I’ll add that this week I am realizing that architects can highly disagree on the types of line weights we should use to draw certain things.  Apparently this is a touchy subject and I should always go back to the SAME architect to check redlines or else I’ll be running in circles for days fixing things to satisfy different opinions.  Don’t think that it is best for my sanity…