Hannah Moss | Rosenblum Coe Architects | Week 7

Week 7

Rosenblum Coe Architects

Hannah F. Moss

October 03, 2022:             8:00AM – 12:30PM

Monday morning Staff meeting to go over projects and to check the status update and prioritize what projects need more attention.

• Job Title:
    • Charleston of Charleston Parking Garage Renovations

• Continued working on Marion square. I worked on adjusting the exterior screening on the front façade. By adjusting the screen to match the window and door openings the model started to look more like the existing conditions.

October 04, 2022:              8:00AM – 12:30PM

• Job Title:
    • City of Charleston Parking Garage Renovations
  • Continued Marion Square. I continued working on adjusting the exterior screening on the front façade. I adjusted the screen by adding materials and created openings on the bottom of the screen.

October 05, 2022:              8:00AM – 12:00PM

• Job Title:
  • Continued working on Marion square. When adjusting the screen to show the pattern of the metal I noticed that the wall behind the screen was preventing certain parts of the screen to show up. There are short concrete walls surrounding the perimeter of the walls on all floors.  This wall was a few inches too far out that it was intersecting the screen.  Once I adjusted all the window openings the screen looked more accurate.

• James Island PSD Fire Station 2
  • I was sent out to site to get photos of the front elevation of the fire station to have for a presentation of the idea we had for the station.
    • CCSD Re-Roofing James Island Charter High
  • I was tasked with creating title blocks for two different schools being renovated. This was the first of the two.  I had to look up the address and edit the title blocks to have all current information.  Exported as a DWG and saved the Revit file in the correct location.
    • CCSD Garett Re-Roofing
  • I was tasked with creating title blocks for two different schools being renovated. This was the second of the two.  I had to look up the address and edit the title blocks to have all current information.  Exported as a DWG and saved the Revit file in the correct location.

October 06, 2022:              8:00AM – 12:00PM

• Job Title:
  • Continued working on Marion square. Yesterday when I started working on the openings, I was cut short to work on a few other projects, so I continued where I left off. I finished editing the exterior screen on the front façade. Finished up the last of the edits and asked Ryan if it needed anything else.

October 07, 2022:              8:00AM – 12:00PM

• Job Title:
    • Charleston County Edisto EMS Station
  • Since the EMS Station was next on my tasks list for RCA I worked on some redline edits of the elevations. Most of them where just basic annotation edits. He also had me draw in a foundation for the Station.

Total AXP Hours Earned: 21

Skills Learned:

I was able to design a turndown slab. I have been struggling to properly drawn a slab in my class but when I was asked to draw in the foundation, with different materials drawn in, I investigated the detail drawings to find a detail of it to correctly detail it.  I think the best part about this week was that I learned it’s better to ask because you never know what’s going to happen.  I went to JIPSD2 to take photos and I saw the firemen pull in and I just had to ask them to take a photo in front of the fire station. Now if we use it for the PowerPoint or not depends on if it fits the context but it’s always nice to meet the people you are designing the work for.  Even if it’s a small part in it. The goal is to give them a comfortable and functional space for them to best perform.