Jerome Simiyon-Bello Garris Architects-Week 5

Projects worked – 22 Westedge(Novotech), 850 Morrison Yard, 563 King street Apartments

Project manager – Nick Galizia, Artemiy Zheltov

10/10/2022 – Monday

AXP hours – 4 (Project development and documentation)

I picked up the final redlines for 850 morrison yard upfit project and continued working on Punchlist permit drawings.

10/11/2022 – Tuesday

AXP hours – 2 (Construction and Evaluation), 2(Project development and documentation)

Attended the Owner Architect Contractor meeting for the 563 King street Apartments. Observed and took notes on the new topic discussions, change orders, submittal log and some design desicions taken in the meeting. After the meeting had a conversation with the project manager to discuss the questions I had. I also worked on Novotech Permit set.

10/12/2022 – Wednesday

AXP hours -2 (Project Management), 2(Project Planning and Design)

I reviewed the DD set from MEP for Novotech Project. There were some changes to Electrical and Mechanical layout. Coordinated with MEP and sent our comments to them.

10/13/2022 – Thursday

AXP hours – 4 (Project development and documentation),

I worked on Novotech Permit set. I started doing the Cabinetry details for kitchen and Printer cabinets.

Lessons learned:

I understood how VE changes the design specifications. The coordination and changes that needs to be done after finishing up the drawings. Learned what is a change order in projects.