Autumn Hinson | AJ Architects | Week 3

Monday (9/26/22):

OFF

Total Hours (0:00) | AXP Hours – 

Tuesday (9/27/22):

Today I worked on existing and proposed elevations for 133 Hester and then attended a client meeting on Maybank Hwy to discuss possibilities for a site looking for additional space.

Total Hours (4:11) | AXP Hours – Project Planning & Design + Project Management

Wednesday (9/28/22):

Today, I  worked on updating section drawings per the response form the structural engineer for 109 Rutledge Front Building and also sat down in the beginning of the day to discuss the praxis of the firm.

Total Hours (3:38) | AXP Hours – Project Planning & Design + Practice Management

Thursday (9/29/22):

Today, I  continued work on 109 Rutledge for an hour and a half. We then went to 27 King to meet with the contractor and structural engineer to discuss visual and structural items within the building. We then returned to the office for a lunch-n-learn with a masonry consultant.

Total Hours (4:47) | AXP Hours – Project Planning & Design + Practice Management + Project Management

Reflection:

This week I learned more about masonry and their functions through the lunch-n-learn. I also sat down with my mentor and learned more about the individual practice compared to other firms of this size. It was great to know what makes this firm different and how the firm approaches situations that make it unique versus standard.