Emma Gibson – Week 8

10/18/2021-10/22/2021

AXP Hours: 16 hours

Time Worked: 16 hours

Tasks Performed: working on Godley elevations for the Sullivan’s Island DRB, rendering a new classroom pavilion for the the Center for Birds of Prey    

Lessons Learned: 

I spent this week tweaking elevations before we send a drawing set to the DRB. I had the opportunity to go out to the house this week and see the demo progress which was exciting. I gained a better understanding of how the house is put together which will help me work faster in the future. Most of my time this week was devoted to rendering the new classroom pavilion for the Center for Birds of Prey, an avian conservation non-profit in Charleston. The structure was designed by Reggie Gibson Architects in 2008 but was not built due to lack of funds. The renders were put on display during the 30th anniversary celebration to raise money from donors. The goal was $40,000 but they ended up raising about $60,000. I really enjoy working in an office that is committed to pro bono work. Working on this project as well as a church renovation I completed earlier this summer, I am certain that I want to continue pro bono work throughout my career and will actively seek out firms that hold the same values. 

Records of Work:

Project Title: The Center for Birds of Prey Classroom Pavilion 

Project Location: Awendaw, South Carolina  

Project Scope:  presentation material 

Project Manager: Reggie Gibson

Role of the Student: exterior renders, updated elevations, presentation boards