Weekly hours: 17.25 | Total Hours: 71.50
- Today was a slow day.
- I organized, fixed red lines for the Lennar kiosk, printed, and red lined the drawing myself.
- I had lots to do today and performed a variety of tasks. Tuesdays and Thursday’s are my longest days.
- I went over the new red lines for the Lennar kiosk project.
- Went to the team meeting to review all the projects.
- Afterwards I made the final changes to the red lines for the Lennar kiosk.
- I put in the new structural drawing that were sent by the engineering consultants into the permit set for DR Horton- Pinehills. I then printed and red line these drawings before handing them to someone else to red line.
- Lastly, I looked at the Mungo proposal and looked at everything that is included in a proposal.
- Today was a short day. I was only in for 3 hours.
- I started my day meeting with a coworker getting a new assignment
- I then revised the plans for DR Horton- French Quarter Creek.
- Also, I revised the structural drawings for DR Horton Pinehills
- This was my other longest day and the longest day I had this week.
- Learned to do the door and window schedules.
- Fixed the door and window schedules for the Stribling residence
- Learned how to take the Layout elevations from sketchup
- Edit and create elevations with window tags for the Stribling residence
- Put in datums for the elevations for Stribling
- Made changes to the power, gas, and lighting plans for the Stribling Residence
- I got the first pass at the store front door elevations for the Bevi Bene project.
I am learning more and more every week construction drawings and different ways to create them. I had never used Layout before but now I know how to make and edit elevations from the Layouts in Sketchup. By editing the red line drawings for the structural, floor plants, lighting gas and power, and more I am learning about each of the different aspects that goes into the permit set. Not only am I learning about the construction drawings but also the professional side. The professional side includes communicating with clients and consultants.