Lindsey Sinisi, Week 10.26.20-10.29.20

LS3P & Associates

Monday: 4 hours / Project Development & Documentation

We had a team huddle for RSIA to discuss the Wednesday 50% DD deadline. We went through all of the sheets and assigned people to different ones. I was assigned the General Sheets and RCP’s cleanup. I worked on these redlines for the duration of the morning.

Tuesday : 1 1/2 hours/ Project Management, 3 hours Development & Documentation

Many meetings today: 9:30 weekly RSIA design team huddle, and then from 10-11 AM I had a meeting for the Woolfe Hotel with the Interiors team and Project Architect. We discussed the design ideas and got his opinions, along with forming a game plan for the rest of the week. We discussed scheduling the presentation to the client sometime early next week. With the rest of my time I finished my work in the 50% DD sheets for RSIA.

Wednesday: 2 hours / Project Planning & Design, 2 hours / Project Development & Documentation

From 8-10 I worked on the Life Safety sheets, cover sheet, and various redlines for the 50% deadline later that day. From 10-11:30, I participated in a charrette for the graphics for RSIA. We sketched and bounced ideas off of each other for various graphics that would go in the main lobby and hallway leading to the cafeteria. For the last half hour, I began working on the new changes for the Woolfe Hotel lobby.

Thursday: 4 hours / Project Planning & Design

First thing in the morning I met with Kelly and Kyra to discuss more concrete ideas for the Woolfe Hotel lobby. Kelly had stayed up late the night before sketching and had so many new ideas to bounce off of us. We split up all of the new changes between the two of us and got to work. I figured out how to paint the spiral stair two specific colors, which was more complicated than I realized but it felt really good to figure it out on my own. I also began to model a ‘zen garden’ complete with sand, a bronze sculptural piece and seating.

Total AXP Hours: 135.5 hours 

Reflection: 

This week went by quickly and was very rewarding. Throughout the various meetings and charrettes, I made an effort to speak up more and give my opinion more confidently. With each time it gets a little easier, and is so much more fulfilling to know my voice is being heard! I am learning more about Revit modeling, graphics and interior design with these projects, as well as managing my time well between multiple tasks and projects. The design for Woolfe Hotel especially is so exciting right now, with such innovative ideas from Kelly that make me excited to bring them to life.