Rachel Baca + Datum Workshop: 10.05.20 – 10.09.20

Daily Logs

Monday 10.5.20

Hours Worked: 4

• Worked on floor plans for ADU project

Wednesday 10.7.20

Hours Worked: 4

• Helped to cut and construct cabinet doors for an installation in a residential project.

Thursday 10.8.20

Hours Worked: 4

• Created color and materials palettes for kitchen project in new construction single family on John’s Island.

Friday 10.9.20

Hours Worked: 4

• Proposed first set of floor plans for ADU and had discussion about what floor plans would be further developed.

Total Hours: 16

AXP Category/Hours: Project Development & Documentation – 10 hours

Weekly Summary

As I am reaching the midway point in my internship, I reflect on my time at Datum Workshop. I am feeling very accomplished in the progress I have made and the skills I have learned, but I am looking forward to what is to come. I have a new appreciation for the work that is done after digital design is complete, and I am gaining confidence in my own skills that I have learned. Moving forward I hope to contribute a lot more in the shop as comfort around machines and operating on my own becomes more ordinary. I am also excited about the progress that has been made with the ADU designs. At the end of this week, we are at a good place to move forward with two floorplans that will be digitally modeled in the next weeks.