SMHa : Week Eight

Week Eight 03.02.2020 – 03.05.2020; SMHa 

Weekly Reflection The eighth week at SMHa was full of little odds and ends. While focusing on one project for the past few weeks, the office was sitting with a long list of submittal questions for another job. I was introduced to a typical relationship of general contractor and architect while a building is under construction. I was asked to look through all of the pending submittal questions and categorize them into the proper divisions for easier access. I found this extremely interesting because it is something I never get to learn in the classroom. 

03.02.2020 Daily Task 4 hours; Project Development + Documentation. I started my week with the monday office meeting and jumped right back into working on redlines and model adjustments for the market building. The pressure for getting these sent out today was noticeable, but the progress that has been made on this set was significant over the past few weeks.  

03.03.2020 Daily Task 4 hours; Construction + Evaluation. Today I was introduced to the construction administration world of design. This category is one that I am least knowledgeable about. I worked on reviewing submittal changes from the contractor and organized them in the office network folders. I then was briefed on creating some conceptual exterior signage designs for the building while it is currently under construction. I then followed my day with a lunch and learn on demount-able wall systems and unitized wall installation benefits. 

03.04.2020 Daily Task 4 hours; Project Development + Documentation. I jumped back to the mail kiosk project today, as the client wants to move forward with the schematic design and into detailed design. I created a Revit file for this project and started setting up sheets for necessary drawings. I participated in a quick internal meeting to go over the current state of the drawings and adjustments of how to better improve them, as well as understand the office standards of drafting. 

03.05.2020 Daily Task 4 hours; Project Development + Documentation. I was able to continue working on the mail kiosk revit drawings.