R. Bing @ LS3P/Week 6

Feb 24: 

4 hours (Project Planning and Design)

Under direction of Lindsey Stang and Becky Smith, I worked on developing a render for MUSC’s Freestanding ED in Florence, SC. The clients were interested in seeing the concept we had developed for how to re-brand the building that was designed by another architecture firm, with the hopes of this one looking more like an MUSC building.

Feb 25: 

4 hours (Project Planning and Design)

Finished up the render for MUSC’s Freestanding ED in Florence, SC. The clients were interested in seeing the concept we had developed for how to re-brand the building that was designed by another architecture firm so that it looks more like an MUSC building.

Feb 26: 

4 hours (Project Development and Documentation)

This project is a historic renovation at 171 Moultrie Drive for the Citadel. In preparation for a client meeting on Friday about the interior finishes, under the direction of Christine Webb, the interior designer and Emily Dawson, the project architect, I worked on rendering some of the interior views and photoshopping the selected finishes into the views so that the team could get the sign off from the clients on the interiors.

Feb 27: 

Though pressed for time on many fronts, I focused on completing as much of the interior renders as I could. Getting more of a rhythm for the process, at this point I was shooting a “white mode” render followed by a few renders with material information loaded into the project. In photoshop, I then stitched together the two renders and then used the sample finish images that were arranged by the the interior designer to render some of the finished parts of the room.

Thoughts: 

Work is really fast paced at a big office like this. In many ways it is very compelling and interesting to work on a large span of projects in a small amount of time. In some ways it is rather overwhelming. Either way, from the point of view of gaining experience, I think being exposed to such a diversity of project types is definitely a plus, and have been enjoying it.