Herlong Architects 2/24 – 2/27

This week, I moved on from the Albrecht SketchUp model, and I am very pleased with how it turned out! It’s the first project that I have ever been that detailed in on SketchUp. On Tuesday, Steve Herlong and I walked over to a house on Sullivan’s Island about 3 blocks from the office and took some measurements so I could draw the existing elevations on PowerCADD.  We will be designing a new exterior, as the (now) back of the house is becoming the front, and the (now) front is becoming the back with a pool.  I almost finished drawing that up on PowerCADD, but will go back to the house next week to confirm a few measurements, and get a few that we might have missed.  I also got the chance to talk with Emily, a coworker, about AXP hours and the exams.  She was very helpful with tips and helping me understand exactly how to record what I need to.

I also spoke with Steve Herlong about a summer position, which he confirmed they would love to have me, so that was definitely the highlight of my week! I am very excited, as I love working there and learning more each and every day.

(AXP hours this far are still Project Development and Documentation. )