SMHa : Week Six

Week Six 02.17.2020 – 02.20.2020; SMHa 

Weekly Reflection The sixth week at SMHa was exciting for me because I was able to work a full day and see how the office typically runs. I found that I was able to get deeper into the design development by spending more time getting familiar with the project. I really appreciate the friendly attitude around the office and I often find myself surprised by what I am being asked to do, when compared to my previous professional experience. I have good familiarity with Revit, but am learning so much in terms of shortcuts and a more accurate way to model building details.

02.17.2020 Daily Task 4 hours; Project Development + Documentation. I was greeted this morning with the weekly meeting where the office gets together to go over project deadlines and plan scheduling details. I then dove into Revit and continued working on enlarged elevations, sections, and details for a pending design development submission of a market building.  

02.18.2020 Daily Task 8 hours; Project Development + Documentation. I was able to stay for an entire day today and it was extremely productive. I adjusted, added and organized specific details. 

02.19.2020 Daily Task 4 hours; Project Development + Documentation. I continued working on redlines from my work the previous day.

02.20.2020 Daily Task 4 hours; Project Development + Documentation. I was greeted with a few sketches to add, in terms of more details to this design development set. I worked on these while the office met with the consultants to get answers to plenty of questions that have been compiled over the past week of working.