Week 2: 1.21 + 1.23

1.21.20

Hours Worked: 8am-5pm

Total Hours: 8

Tasks Completed:

Spent 1 hour browsing existing documents for Tomochichi Project. This mainly included existing historical drawings.

Started to build the existent building conditions in Revit 2018 using existing building drawings (linked CAD) and point cloud data. Worked through floor one and partial of floor two.

AXP Credit: Practice Management + Programming and Analysis

1.23.20

Hours Worked: 8am-5pm

Total Hours: 8

Tasks Completed:

Building Tomochichi existing model in Revit. Working through floor two and three.

AXP Credit: Programming and Analysis

WEEKLY REFLECTION

This week was heavy in Revit in the best way possible. I was able to utilize the point cloud data I helped to collect last week to start an existing building model. I primarily worked on the interior partitions and later moved onto doors. It was interesting to use both the existing CAD drawings and point cloud data to build the model. Due to the accuracy of the existing cad drawings I found myself first drawing to plan and then cross checking what I had built with the point cloud model. This helped a lot with time since the point clouds bog down the model when you are constantly turning them on and off and moving around in plan view. The biggest take away this week is the importance of coordination when working with point clouds with 3+ people in the model. Each morning the project team meets to discuss who will be working where in the model so we are not constantly borrowing and overlapping with one another.