Blog Entry Post 9/23 – 9/26

9/23

Hours worked: 4 hours

Tasks performed: Assisted Allen in producing neo-classical sketchup models for a presentation on Tuesday. Also created a Post-Modern beauty that was not liked as much. Also reviewed some of his sketches for inspiration on how to start.

AXP Hours earned: Project Development

9/24

Hours worked: 4 hours

Tasks performed: Finished modeling the two options of buildings and rendered using Vray in sketchup. produced axonometrics for programmatic diagrams.

AXP Hours earned: Project Development

9/25

Hours worked: 4 hours

Tasks performed: continued progress on the master plans for West Ashley in preparation for the October 8th review of the items. It has been a great learning experience in terms of large scale master planning and the relationships between structure and hardscape.

AXP Hours earned: Project Development

9/26

Hours worked: 4 hours

Tasks performed: Had a meeting about progress for the master plans. Than broke off into a design charrette that would help me break down the design itself into three separate designs.

AXP hours earned: Project Development

Weekly Reflection:

This week was very constructive in learning how to adapt my workflow to make a deadline. I feel I did control myself quite well in the beginning of the week when I was asked to design a civic building in less than 8 hours. It was a quick turn around, but I think the options that I gave Allen were constructive and practical. On the other side of things, learning how to create master plans and large scale diagrams has been extremely beneficial to how I think about design and has even helped drive what I did within school. I hope these exercises and experiments continue into next week and beyond!