week of 4/15

4/15

Today I helped work on revising AIA contracts for a small project called Pickney Park on James Island. This would fall under Construction and Evaluation for AXP hours. A lot of the morning was spent in our weekly meeting going over our weekly agenda. I also met with Shaw Company about the carpeting and colors for Camp Road Middle School. I went to lunch with her and we ordered samples and talked about my vision for the selections and interior designs. This would be Project Planning and Design.

4/16

Today I worked more on the carpet selections for Camp Road Middle School. This process takes a while because there are so many choices and options so it can be a little overwhelming. I enjoy it though because it is one of the first big tasks my company has trusted me with. I have had to be in touch with the manufacturers and go to lunch with the reps. I also worked on revising a letter and Revit survey about a code study on a small home located in West Ashley. This would be Construction and Evaluation. I also worked on a Proposal Request for Camp Road Middle School on the water chiller that’s being placed outside. This would also be under Construction and Evaluation.

4/17

Today we met about the new Town of Mt. Pleasant fire station. There are a lot of problems with the budget right now and the site restrictions so in the meeting we tried to come up with different solutions to provide the client. I also worked on a render for the Kiawah fire station so that I can complete the color and material board that I started. All of this would be under Project development.

4/18

Today I worked on the Kiawah fire station 4 rendering in Lumion, Photoshop, and illustrator. I also finished the color board with all the materials and paint colors that were decided for the station. This would be under Project Development and Documentation. I also looked at many submittals for the Camp Road Middle School. I had to compare the gymnasium floor submittal to our drawings and specs. This would be under Project Development and Documentation as well. I learned this week how to work more with Lumion. I also learned a lot about business when I met with Shaw Contract about the Camp Road carpet and color choices. I was given a lot of responsibility with organizing meetings and really trying to figure it out on my own.