Nicole Coker_3/25/19-3/28/19

Monday:

Today I was able to get out of the office and visit the College of Charleston’s Calhoun Annex Building. The other intern, John, and I recorded missing measurements from a previous site visit and also marked where lighting fixtures and air units were located. The firm will be replacing the ceiling and fixing other damages the building has received over the years. AXP: Programming and Analysis

Tuesday:

After months of RFQ’s I was able to start on something new today. I started off by adding exterior wall line work to a plan drawing in CAD. This line work will be imported into Sketchup so that I can mock up some massing studies regarding roof changes to this building. AXP: Project Development and Documentation

Wednesday:

I spent today modeling the building in sketchup. AXP: Project Development and Documentation

Thursday:

I continued modeling in sketchup and will be putting the finishing touches on the model Monday morning. AXP: Project Development and Documentation

Reflection:

This week I enjoyed being able to get out of the office and get some on-site experience. I learned some simple applications in both CAD and Sketchup this week.