Taylor Bissert: Daily Post, Weekly Summary 2/11-2/21

Weekly Overview – 

Last week at Novus Architects I helped with interior design work for one of our workplace clients. We are currently in a great place; we have TOO much work and not enough support. I gained valuable experience in project management by taking this on by myself. Our interior designer helped guide me through the process of material selection, but gave me the reins. I also presented the first round of options to our client and updated the drawing sets based on their feedback. This experience has provided me with further knowledge of material selection, budget, client management; as well as detailing. This week I continued to refine the palette based on feedback from the client and populated the CD drawing set with all things interior related, this meant working with schedules, interior elevations, and casework.

Monday 2/11  Every Monday we have an all staff meeting at the beginning of the day to go over which sectors have deadlines and which staff will be out of office. My hours today fall in the PcM, PjM, and PPD categories.

Tuesday 2/12 – Continued interior work, contact with material reps. My hours today fall in the PjM and PPD categories.

Wednesday 2/13 – On Wednesday mornings, we have a sector meeting to go over project coverage and delegation of work. This meeting is great to see project management first hand. My hours today fall in the PjM and PPD categories.

Thursday 2/14 – Today was the big day, I presented two interior palette options to the workplace client. They LOVED them. I presented a lighter brown tone as well as a more grey palette; they picked the grey palette. My hours today fall in the PjM and PPD categories.

Monday 2/18 – All staff meeting in the morning. During the day I began to take the feedback from the client and populate material schedules in Revit. I also refined the materials with any changes the client wanted. My hours today fall in the PcM, PjM, and PPD categories.

Tuesday 2/19 – Working in Revit on interior elevations, details and material schedules. My hours today fall in the PjM and PPD categories.

Wednesday 2/20 – Weekly sector meeting in the morning and continued interior CD refinement. We also had a Lunch & Learn today titled ‘The Art of Storytelling’. Today my hours fall in the PcM, PjM, and PPD categories.

Thursday 2/21 – Light workload today, interior work is slowing down. I started on another project working on the RCP’s getting ceilings and lights in. My hours today fall in the PjM and PPD categories.

The current state of my desk, AKA our material library.
The palette the client chose.

AXP Hour Summary to date:

PcM: 6 hours

PjM: 17.50 hours

PA: 41.50 hours

PPD: 15.50 hours

PDD: 17.00 hours

CE: 0 hours

TOTAL: 97.50 hours