Molly Park: Week of 2/18/19

2/18/19

Today I worked for 4 hours. I worked on putting together a folder compiled on images, sketches, floor plans, diagrams, and sections for the Rita Hollings Science Center and Shapiro to enter into the SAR Awards. This would fall under Project Development and Documentation AXP I believe.

2/19/19

Today I worked 4 hours and I continued working on the SAR Awards template for the Rita Hollings Science Center and Shapiro project. I used InDesign to make a layout for the 12 jpegs that are allowed to be submitted. This would fall under Project Development and Documentation AXP hours.

2/20/19

Today I worked for 4 hours and finished the SAR Award submittals for the College of Charleston Rita Hollings Science Center and the Shapiro Addition on James Island. This would fall under Project Development and Documentation AXP hours.

2/21/19

Today I had a site visit at the construction site for a new school called Camp Road Middle School. It was very interesting to see the construction process in the early stages. I met the construction manager and my mentor taught me some technical things on the site. I learned more about how they build the foundation to a big building and I also learned a little bit about seismic and earthquake liquefaction.

This week taught me a lot about the presentation process when entering for an award. I also learned a lot about the early construction phases for the Camp Road Middle School. Below is a picture from my site visit.